Thursday, March 5, 2009

March Madness II

I think I hear a few brews calling my name today
T.O. is gone from Dallas, no Super Bowl ring in hand
And Lehigh and Lafayette, two men’s basketball teams that I cover
Both lost in Patriot League quarterfinal games last night
Ending their sorry seasons
Leaving me with one last March Madness hopeful to cover
That being Penn State
Which is just great since I went to Maryland and PSU beat my Terps all the time in football
But the hardwood is a different game and PSU would stand absolutely no chance against UMD
You hear!
But today, PSU is my only hope to cover my eighth straight NCAA D-I men’s tourney again since my job is penny pinching
May get women’s action and I’ll take it
But there’s no Candace Parker around this season, meaning no woman is going to rattle the rim
Not with a dunk at least
Oh my, oh my
I need a brew
Heineken, preferably, Coors Light no way, just too light
And today I need to be taken there
Just down, very down
March not starting out right
Maryland lost to Wake Forest the other night, now back on the NCAA tournament bubble
Then last night, Lehigh and Lafayette both put up a lot of shots
Just kept missing net
So today, here I go, wondering how the rest of this always mad, mad month will go
Who will win, who will lose?
Will Dick Vitale’s voice last?
Will these four teams, UConn, UNC, Pitt and Memphis be No. 1 seeds as I so believe?

No comments: