Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Shower Talk

We all go there,
Where water falls, soap and suds,
To clean our bodies,
But for me the shower is for so much more.
Bless it for it is my best prayer place,
Calm that is not disturbed
As I talk to God about my dreams
And give thanks for my accomplishments,
Give thanks for just waking up,
Both me and my son, my mom and my dad,
My cousins and their children,
My uncles and aunts,
My friends, close and distant,
Because never are my prayers just for me
Nor my thanks, my thanks for all HE allows me to be,
Yesterday, today, tomorrow,
Time that is not promised,
Which is why the shower is so special,
So peaceful, tranquil,
The way I wish life away from the pelting water,
Soap and suds, cleansing of my body and soul
Could be, today, tomorrow,
For my every walk as I so pray.

No comments: