Thursday, September 10, 2009

Closing Upon

My mind keeps racing
My feet running
My destination known
But unknown to others
Though my wide eyes, pumping heart
Tells all, a tale of endless drive
Over unforeseen barriers
For I know I’ll get there
As I’ve promised myself
And as I’ve so prayed to God.
Until I get there
My mind will continuously race
My feet run
As my chase narrows
For what I seek will require strength
More heart, courage, focus
All of which I thought I had in the past
But now realize that maybe it was not enough
Because I’m still chasing,
Though closing ever closer upon
The destination for which I’ve only dreamed
Time and time again, hours and days on end
Yet far away I’ve so often seemed
Unable to conquer elements that appear unconquerable
But my heart continues to pump,
My mind race, both faster by the minute
As my eyes widen
For I think I’m just about to close upon.

No comments: