Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Obsessions

I want what I want
I know you do too
So I will seek
As you probably already have
Anxiously, my eyes just envisioning
Because so long I have chased
Only to have fallen short
Yet chase again I always have
More eager, more obsessed to get
What so apparently I cannot have
May never get to enjoy
But my obsessions only grow
For all I know is I want
Probably like you
Our obsessions a part of our greed
Our obsessions maybe ingrained or inherited.
Fact of the matter is we maturate to our own level of obsessions
Obsessively seeking
Obsessively dreaming
Obsessively just being obsessed
And if you’re like me
Then you begin to wonder
When will the obsessions end
Because that woman or man is not coming our way
Because we’ll never hit the lottery
Because no matter how hard you or I try
Our obsessions will get us nowhere.
Our destiny has already been set.
We just need to find the map that leads us there
Where our obsessions will matter least
Because without asking we will have all that we need
And when that time comes
You and I will know
Because we will trust not just in ourselves
Our neighbors, so-called heroes and warriors
But in the hand that leads
The mastermind of all
And by all degrees known and unknown
The man who’s more obsessed than you or I
Because he stands tallest, sees and feels all
Every deep emotion, vision
All fantasy illusions
And his demands are that we become more obsessed
With trying to seek and understand him
With trying to be more selfish than unselfish
With and most important of all
Obsessed with learning the word of God and walking the right path in life
Obsessed with no longer obsessively chasing
What you and I really don’t need
Never have and never will.
© 2005 byAndre D. Williams

No comments: