Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Handsome Man to Pretty Woman

Pretty woman, pretty sincere
Is it possible to have both in one?
Goods and grace
Character of the highest, strong morals to go with it
Worth chasing, trying to move a mountain for
Walk through fire, blizzard just to get to
Pretty woman, pretty sincere
She’s out there
Really think she’s you
The non-stop pound in my heart telling me so
For when I think of pretty
I think of jaw-dropping, accident-causing
Sizzle, dazzle
Perfection in my eyes
An answer to lifetime dreams
But I also think of laughter and storytelling
Walks in the park, candlelight dinners
My pretty woman and I sharing it all
For when I think of pretty
I also think about what’s inside
‘Bout whether there is passion and sincerity
Whether there’s hurt that needs to be healed
Of which I could help
First with my hand, the touch of love
Then with my ear, for listening is a form of release
And lastly, simply with my heart
For I cannot lure the pretty woman of my choice
If my heart is not open
My intentions good
Temptations slowed in this world where pretty women are everywhere
But I just need one
And only one pretty woman
Sincerely, handsome man.

No comments: