Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My Ultimate Pledge to You

I figure you need a pledge from me
Before you give me a pledge
So here I go
My passion, my love
Obviously my entire heart
I pledge to give it all to you
Day and night
In happiness and ugliness,
Oh yeah, there will be ugly times
But with thickness of love
Sincerity of heart we can make it
Because I also pledge to never stop trying
To go that extra mile
To make you always the sole occupant of my intimate thoughts
Therefore not being persuaded by temptation
And for what?
See, my dear, I would not be pledging all of me
If I wanted to creep
If I wanted to experience the sweetness of other women
When I have all the berries and cherries right here in you
When I have the answer to all my dreams in your eyes, your voice
The inner you
Yes, inner, for while the outer you glows
It’s the inner you that really creates buzz within me
Because the inner you
Your mind, your heart, your soul is rich and real
Because the outer over years changes in every man and woman
But inner greatness can last forever
And I think you have it
Which is why I pledge to love you greater than I’ve ever loved before
Hoping for the same in return
Your eventual pledge
But my pledge now.

1 comment: